Wednesday 14 November 2018

Dot com o- dot bomb

So Literally, our professor went over this topic and I had no idea what the topic was. Since I was only focusing on the slides or the content, I felt like he is telling a story like usual again. So I went back on my notes and saw we actually talked about this so, this is what I understand after one of my peers explained it to me. There was a situation when all the companies launched and people invested and they became million and millions of worth of company according to the market price. So, a blast happened and all the companies went down which could handle the pressure but some did survive.
As per my notes, it states that it had five stages 1. Innocent beginning 2. Boom!!! 3. Insanity 4. fell apart and others I don't know. During this presentation, I found out cool things I wanted to share the founder of general electric is Thomas Edison, World wide web project is 3 years old, HTTP is 2 years old, in 1993 the internet beginning, and free-range media. 
In 1993 many companies launched lots of browsers and Microsoft localization happened. Things were changing rapidly this change in technology world based on the economy were funded which made more companies to compete in the market. Everything was in chaos investors were investing people were happy and buying more products using more of the technology related stuff, this benefited the public more. Employees started to own stocks which were a huge thing and now everyone was worth billions of dollars suddenly. Due to changes in the interest rate, the value went down and everything fell apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment